Damage due to flooding? What can you do now?
The rain and floods have left enormous damage in the south of Limburg. We are aware of the necessity and want to provide you with the best and above all fast service. in this difficult situation our Front Office and Experts are there for you. Unfortunately, due to the magnitude of the situation, delays can be delayed.
For the insurer;
We are aware of the necessity of the situation. In order to combat extreme flooding, we have scaled up our deployability to the maximum and our employees are available 24 hours a day.
For the victim:
We understand that you are looking for solutions and certainty. Together with your insurer, we ensure the fastest possible settlement, but due to the size, this can be accompanied by delays.
What to do now?
- First of all, safety first. Do not go home until the situation is marked as safe.
- Contact your insurer as soon as possible. Lengkeek works together with many insurers, and when the order comes to us, we can start to work for you. If we have already received an order from your insurer, we will automatically contact you. Haven’t we done that yet, and is there an urgent need? Please contact us
- Most insurers have 24-hour emergency helplines to provide policyholders with advice on what to do.
- If your home is unsafe, the insurer can arrange temporary housing. In many cases this is covered by insurance.
- If necessary, arrange temporary emergency repairs to prevent the damage from worsening. Shut off any electrical that comes in contact with water. Place furniture on foil-wrapped blocks of wood.
- Photograph the damage and collect proof of purchase if necessary, so that the settlement can be faster.
- Do not rush to dispose of damaged items unless they pose a health hazard as they may be repairable orrecoverable.
- Be aware if you are approached by a loss adjuster who offers to help with your claim. This is not enabled by your insurance. Lengkeek works on behalf of the insurance company. You can be sure that the claim settlement is carried out in accordance with the guidelines of the NIVRE and the Dutch Association of Insurers.
If you have any questions, our employees are available 24 hours a day.